Re: [squid-users] Error 104 on an ASP

From: Francisco Neira <fneira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:40:12 -0500

Sylvain LAIGLE wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> while trying to connect http://www.lemoniteur-expert.com/indices-index
> and searching an value, I can't reach the result page.
> After retrying, this error message is sent with the page :

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Ligne 1 : syntaxe
> incorrecte vers 'where'.
>
> /indices-index/contenu/rechdir_resultat.asp, line 134
> sultat.asp, line 134

> We have 2 servers : On one, Squid 2.4 stable 7 is installed. On the
> second, Squid 2.5 stable 3. Both are Red Hat 8.
>
> We tried direct connection : it works.
>
> We tried a proxied connection (but not squid) : it works.
>
> Squid.conf timeouts are defauts.
>
> The results page is an asp page. I've read Asp is not cached by squid.
>
> Has anyone got an idea about why it's impossible, using squid, to reach
> this page ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> regards.

As far as I know, that error message is in the webserver itself. Points
to a faulty syntax in the webserver sending a SQL sentence to the
database server.

Probably the page showing the error is cached in Squid and that's why
that connecting directly the error does not appear.

Try refreshing both the squid cache and the browser's cache.

Hope this helps.

--
Francisco Neira B.                                  /~\ The ASCII
Administrador de Red                                \ / Ribbon Campaign