Re: [squid-users] Windows Media and Ntlm Auth with winbind

From: Joao Coutinho <jocoutinho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:32 +0000

I couldn't understand what access.log said.
The problem doesn't happen on my machine. I logged on with my login name on
my user's machine and the problem happened too. So, it's not a Login matter.
On his pc, everytime he clicks on a link to a Windows Media Player file,
when the Media Player try to connect to media, it asks for login and
password.
I also saw that when a user has Sun Java installed, Sun's java asks for
proxy authentication, when you go to a web site with java applet.
(www.bcn.com.br, for example).
I will upgrade to Stable 4. Do I have to use only:
--enable-auth="ntlm,basic" --enable-basic-auth-helpers="winbind"
--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="winbind"
--enable-external-acl-helpers="winbind_group"? Will the installer upgrade
all bin files? Do I have to back up squid.conf?
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but could you tell me what files I
have to edit on /etc/pam.d/? Why? The man pages of winbindd tells me to
update /etc/pam.d/*... ????
Thank you very much,
regards Joao

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
>To: Joao Coutinho <jocoutinho@hotmail.com>
>CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] Windows Media and Ntlm Auth with winbind
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:06:23 +0200 (CEST)
>
>On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Joao Coutinho wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm using Squid 2.5 stable 3, samba 2.8a. Ntlm auth is working fine, but
> > when people try to listen any Windows Media Audio(streaming), a Login,
> > password and domain Popup comes up.
>
>What does access.log say?
>
>Also try upgrading to 2.5.STABLE4. There is relevant changes in this area
>(when/how/why authentication is requested when access is denied)
>
>Regards
>Henrik

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br