[squid-users] WCCP help

From: John Hally <JHally@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:59:32 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I searched the archives and ran thru the 600+ threads I found, but either
missed something or couldn't find the answer. The problem I'm having is
this. I set up WCCP on my Cisco router and see that its redirecting packets
to the cache (using the sh ip wccp cmds), but it looks as though the cache
never services the request. Here's what I've done:

On squid box:

(From http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html)

http_port 8080
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

 wccp_router xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (router ip)
 wccp_version 4

On the router:

(global config)
ip wccp version 1
ip wccp web-cache (only care about http traffic at the moment)

int fa0/0

ip wccp web-cache redirect in

as soon as I add the entry to the interface, web browsing comes to a
screeching halt and I get 'connection refused' messages from the browser
after ~30 seconds.

Has anyone had any luck with WCCP and/or can tell me what I may be doing
wrong?

Thanks a TON in advance,

John H.