RE: [squid-users] squid and anti-virus

From: Ward, John (I&DBM) <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:48:15 +0200

Hi Jacques,

There is a way to use the trend micro product in front of the squid. Its not elegant, but it does solve one or two problems.
things to note:
1) if you chain the devices, you will break your ability to use delay pools ( nice for QOS, ask Raymond C ;)
2) the trend product runs on linux and we've had it here for a while, but the interface is not very intuitive when it comes to seeing which scanner
engine/pattern you have

99.992% of the time it does work well w.r.t removing the virus payload.

John