[squid-users] High response time using squid 2.5 Stable 1

From: Luciano Lima <luciano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:07:07 -0300

Hi all,

Monitoring my cache I can see that in at least *1 time in each 10
minutes the cache response time is too high* (about 15 to 30seg). When
it happens there is *high activity in the hard disks*. The normal time
response in my test is < 1s. The script I used in my workstation is like
this:

#!/bin/sh
cont=1
date
while [ "1" = "1" ] ;
do
        echo Counter: $cont
        /usr/bin/time -f "%e" wget -q www.microsoft.com
        sleep 2
        cont=$(($cont + 1))
done;

The cache is only 10% of capacity, so it's not because of object expiration.

I was using IDE hd, so I tried to use SCSI hd but the same problem persists.
The cache is configured to be used by DISKD and almost all requests is
made by using transparent proxy.

My configuration is:
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE1
Processor: Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz