Re: [squid-users] squid and anti-virus

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 01:08:33 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:24:10AM +0200, ch045-2@dial.oleane.com wrote:
> I use the Trend Micro WirusWall in front of a Squid 2.4 on a woody (the
> viruswall is on another dedicated server).
> It run correctly but there is a lot of little problems.

I second that. We have been trying to run TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall
for a year now. It has so many flaws. Many downloads are crippled,
websites often enough don't load 100% and complex websites like
WindowsUpdate get broken at all. (The web "designers" take at least half
of the blame but an antivirus proxy must not modify the content of a web
site.)

Just take extra care when evaluating that piece of software.

 Christoph

--
~
~