[squid-users] Unable to retrieve an URL when it is first access

From: LINDER Thierry <Thierry.Linder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:01:00 +0200

Hello,

I've installed the latest stable version of squid on a RedHat 9 Linux server.
It works very well but I found a particula situation:

If a user has a default html page with special caracters when he launch his browser, the proxy send hime back an error(ERR_INVALID_URL):

>ERROR
>The requested URL could not be retrieved
>While trying to retrieve the URL: /classic?initiate
>
>The following error was encountered: Invalid URL
>
>Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
>
>Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
>Missing hostname
>Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
>Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

the address is : https://telebank1.ubs.com/classic?initiate
If we reload the page, no problem
If we load as premier page a simple address like http://www.google.com, no trouble to load my specific page after.

Thanks by advance if somebody has an idea

Thierry

Thierry Linder Tél. central +41 (0)32 557 55 00
Mandataire Commercial Mobile +41 (0)79 473 92 35
Key Account Manager Fax +41 (0)32 557 55 05
Rue de la Gare 4
CH 2034 Peseux (NE)
mailto:thierry.linder@uditis.ch
http://www.uditis.ch