RE: [squid-users] Acces to a non anomymous FTP site through squid

From: LINDER Thierry <Thierry.Linder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:58:26 +0200

LINDER Thierry wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've installed the lastest stable version of squid on a RedHat 9 Linux

> server. It works well for HTTP and FTP (ftp://...) connection.
>
> If I use an URL ftp://..., squid authenticate me as anonymous user
> with a password specified in my squid.conf file ftp_user. Well, but I
> would like to open an ftp://... session on a specific site with an
> another couple of username/password. On this site, the anonymous entry

> is not valid.
>
> I've read through the FAQ, configuration guide and I don't find any
> information how I can resolve that!
>
> Does I need to create a specific ACL for that ?
> If it's the case, thanks for your help.
>
> Thierry Linder

  Use this syntax :

  ftp://username:password@ftp.foo.com/

  M.

Hello Marc,

Thanks,
it works.

If it's possible, I would like to configure squid to doing it
automatically.
Can I configure it for redirecting the addres ftp://ftp.foo.com/ to
ftp://username:password@ftp.foo.com ?

Do you know if it possible ?

Thanks by advance

Thierry