RE: [squid-users] Website Logon/Timeout Problem (Help me beat Microsoft! - Please)

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:36:20 -0400

> We have installed Squid on one of our school
> servers and it is fast, very fast. Unfortunately
> we can't switch to it just yet as we have a problem.

You posted this same problem 4 days ago, and did not reply to a
request for more information from one of the list members (at least,
you didn't reply to the list). Understand that we may need more
information than you provide initially to help you. Instead of
ignoring requests for more information and posting again, you should
reply (to the list) to the request for more information.

> When we are on a web site that requires us to log
> on eg username/password - once we press submit the
> system just hangs doesn't want to know.

> Problem exists on the following url:
> http://www.clarkconnect.com/forums/search.php?Cat
> Enter a subject and then click submit - client hangs.

I was able to search successfully (though I wasn't able to test the
login), and we have had no such problems with either Squid 2.4 or 2.5.
It's probably a configuration issue. Post your squid.conf file as well
as the relevant access.log entries.

Adam