RE: [squid-users] Error - SQUID Continues to Restart

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:50:27 -0400

> This squid server is constantly restarting. Here is an
> output of the log that I am receiving every 30 seconds.

> (wb_ntlmauth)[13955](wb_ntlm_auth.c:273): fgets() failed!
> dying..... errno=0 (Success)

> I tried to follow some instructions I have for installing
> squid and when you type the command

> /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -t

> you should see "secret is good" - I see "secret is bad".

This means there is a problem with your Samba setup, and not Squid.

Try rejoining the server to the domain (see the man page for winbindd
for instructions on how to do this). If you are unable to re-join the
machine to the domain, the best place to take further questions is the
Samba list (see www.samba.org to find links to the lists).

Adam