Re: [squid-users] HTTP Relay and limit bandwitdth ...

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:45:27 +0200

Olivier BELLON wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to setup Squid to act as a "HTTP
> Proxy Relay" (without cache) with the capability to limit bandwidth for
> each connection.
> In fact, I want this "HTTP Proxy Relay" redirect all the http requests of
> our students to an already installed proxy without having a local cache
> (like a transparent proxy ?) and i want to limit each connection from ip
> range to 64 kB / seconds.
>
> If it's possible, could you help me to setup this ?

  You can configure squid with no cache using the directive

cache_dir null /null

  This assumes squid was configured with the null storage device :

  % ./configure --enable-storeio=null,ufs

  You can use delay pools for limiting bandwith per connection.
  See squid.conf.default for details.

  M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.