[squid-users] SquidGuard not relaying??

From: Dan Egli <dan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:21:33 -0600

Ok. Hopefully someone here can help me out. I tried sending this to the
squidguard list, but I think it's defunct or somthing because I got no
replies and didn't even get a copy of my own messages.

I'm trying to use squidGuard with squid to provide a filter for our
internet connection here at home. I installed the blacklists, configured
squidGuard to read the blacklist (at least I THOUGHGT I did), configured
squid to call squidGuard, etc...

Problem 1: On a graphical browser (internet explorer, netscape,
mozilla, etc..) when traffic is directed to the proxy, it just sits
there, forever. Does not matter if the site is blacklisted or not

Problem 2: on a text only browser (tested using elinks), the proxy
allows access to ANY site, blacklisted or not. I called elinks as:
HTTP_PROXY='localhost:3128' elinks www.blacklsitedsite.com

the result was that squid grabbed the home page from blacklisted site
and forwarded it to the browser. I know it went through squid because in
squid's access log I see a HTTP MISS for the site.

I'm including my squidGuard and squid config files. Can anyone shed any
light on whats up?

thanks!!

- --- Dan

squidGuard.conf:

#
# CONFIG FILE FOR SQUIDGUARD
#
# See http://www.squidguard.org/config/ for more examples
#

dbhome /var/squidGuard/blacklists
logdir /var/log/squidGuard

dest ads {
~ log ads
~ domainlist ads/domains
~ urllist ads/urls
}

dest audio-video {
~ log audio-video
~ domainlist audio-video/domains
~ urllist audio-video/urls
}

dest aggressive {
~ log aggressive
~ domainlist aggressive/domains
~ urllist aggressive/urls
}

dest drugs {
~ log drugs
~ domainlist drugs/domains
~ urllist drugs/urls
}

dest gambling{
~ log gambling
~ domainlist gambling/domains
~ urllist gambling/urls
}

dest hacking {
~ log hacking
~ domainlist hacking/domains
~ urllist hacking/urls
}

#dest mail {
# log mail
# domainlist mail/domains
# urllist mail/urls
#}

dest porn{
~ log porn
~ domainlist porn/domains
~ urllist porn/urls
}

#dest proxy{
# log proxy
# domainlist proxy/domains
# urllist proxy/urls
#}

dest violence{
~ log violence
~ domainlist violence/domains
~ urllist violence/urls
}

dest warez{
~ log warez
~ domainlist warez/domains
~ urllist warez/urls
}

#dest local-ok{
# domainlist local-ok/domains
# urllist local-ok/urls
#}

#dest local-block{
# log local-block
# domainlist local-block/domains
# urllist local-block/urls
#}

acl {
~ default {
~ pass !aggressive !drugs !gambling !hacking !porn !violence
!warez all

~ redirect
302:http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/cgi-bin/squidGuard.cgi?clientaddr=%a&clientname=%n&clientident=%i&srcclass=%s&targetgroup=%t&url=%u
~ # redirect
302:http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/cgi-bin/squidGuard-simple.cgi?clientaddr=%a&clientname=%n&clientident=%i&srcclass=%s&targetclass=%t&url=%u
~ }
}

squid.conf:
(whole file is over 100k, but here's the redirector line)

# TAG: redirect_program
# Specify the location of the executable for the URL redirector.
# Since they can perform almost any function there isn't one included.
# See the FAQ (section 15) for information on how to write one.
# By default, a redirector is not used.
#
#Default:
# none

redirect_program /usr/local/bin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf
redirect_children 5