Re: [squid-users] SquidGuard not relaying??

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:44:16 +0100

On Monday 13 October 2003 6:21 pm, Dan Egli wrote:

> Problem 1: On a graphical browser (internet explorer, netscape,
> mozilla, etc..) when traffic is directed to the proxy, it just sits
> there, forever. Does not matter if the site is blacklisted or not
>
> Problem 2: on a text only browser (tested using elinks), the proxy
> allows access to ANY site, blacklisted or not. I called elinks as:
> HTTP_PROXY='localhost:3128' elinks www.blacklsitedsite.com

It seems really strange to me that you get different results depending on
whether you use a graphical or text browser.

There must be something else about the setup of these which is different,
causing the discrepancy.

What happens if you try simplifying things and just pointing the browser at
the SquidGuard (ie bypass the plain Squid proxy) - what happens then?

Do you get any useful information in logfiles on the SquidGuard machine (I
don't use SquidGuard, so I don't know what it tells you) to confirm that it
is processing the request, or what category it thinks the request matches?

Antony.

--
w-- O !M V+++(--) !PS !PE Y+ PGP+> t- tv@ b+++ DI++ D--- e++>+++ h++ r@? 5?