Re: [squid-users] log_fqdn

From: Vladimir Dyakov <vladimir.dyakov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:54:45 +0600

>It may still be too slow...

Is there any way to increase timeout of dns lookups? There's nothing in
faq and docs about that. Or maybe to decrease the timeout but set some
requerying?

>What you can do to give the DNS some more slack is to use a dummy
>src_domain acl in http_access.
>
>Just before where you allow the request, use a construct like this:
>
>acl lookup_client_domain src_domain .nowhere
>http_access deny lookup_client_domain

What does src_domain do? I found nothing in internet about it. I just cannot take experiments over working company with 30 computers - they all will kill me ;) Doesn't it suppress domain lookups for .nowhere net? If yes, then it' just opposite to what I need. I need clients hostnames to be stored in access.log instead of their ips.

--
Vladimir Dyakov
JSC "INTERSYST"