Re: [squid-users] smb_auth then refresh behavior

From: David <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:14:46 +0100

On Friday 17 October 2003 06:56, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Adam Aube wrote:
> > I think that when you build Samba 3 it compiles its own winbind
> > helpers. You then refer to those in your squid.conf instead of the
> > helpers Squid builds.
>
> Correct.
>
> When using Samba-3 Squid should not be configured to compile any winbind
> helpers (and thus does not need to be told where the Samba sources is
> either). The needed winbind helper is already installed as part of
> Samba-3.
>
> The winbind helpers shipped with Squid is for Samba-2.X only and is not
> needed for Samba-3.X (and also does not work at all with Samba-3.X).
>
> Regards
> Henrik

That did the trick. Thanks.

For those who are interested, this is what I did...

Installed samba-3.0.0final from Debians "Unstable" distro from source making
sure the winbind oprtions where inclused as per the FAQ

Apt-geted (apt-got?) the squid source & editied the debian/rules file removing
the references to building the winbind helpers and those to install them.

Built the Debian packages and installed them.

Edited squid.conf with...
auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth domain/pdc

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth domain/pdc

acl myworkstation proxy_auth REQUIRED

Pointed IE6 at the proxy box and all worked fine.

After installing Sarg everything is logged per user.

Cheers,

David.