Re: [squid-users] Help with running 2 instances of squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:32:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Chris Wilcox wrote:

> and the init.d script still gives the same error. I'm guessing it's a fault
> with my editing of the script since if I start two squid's manually (squid
> -f /etc/squid.conf and squid -f /etc/squid2.conf) then it works
> without problems.

If starting Squid manually with -f arguments work fine then the Squid
parts of things are done, and all that remains is to get the init scripts
operating correctly.

Assuming the init scripts are shell scripts you may be able to trace what
the script are doing by running it as "sh -x /path/to/initscript start" or
by inserting "set -x" commands at carefully selected locations.