Re: [squid-users] Help with running 2 instances of squid

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:03:21 +0100

>On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Chris Wilcox wrote:
>
> > Yet still, when I do 'squid2 start' it always returns 'Squid is already
> > running! Process ID 213'
>
>You only get this error if you try to start two Squids with the same
>pid_filename.

Which is what's confusing me! I copied the original squid start up script
and believe I have edited it to start a second instance. I have set
pid_filename in the second 'squid2.conf' file to be a different pid_filename
and the init.d script still gives the same error. I'm guessing it's a fault
with my editing of the script since if I start two squid's manually (squid
-f /etc/squid.conf and squid -f /etc/squid2.conf) then it works
without problems.

I posted the script to this list about an hour ago to see if someone can
spot what I have missed.

Regards,

Chris