[squid-users] Squid Setup

From: Mark Maxey <mmaxey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:39:45 -0400

I'm in the process of implementing a squid proxy on Windows 2000 based
network on linux with authentication via the win2k domain controller.

Also, is there a squid administration tool that would allow me to block a
user by username in a simple manner? Also, is there a way to "include" a
file in squid.conf?

Which reporting package would be optimal to show how much time and bandwidth
that a user is spending online by username.

How much server horsepower will I need to do the following :

Caching and Authentication over win2k domain for 250 client workstations (t1
total bandwidth)
Detailed Reporting showing time a user spends online throughout the day
Blacklisting of certain sites from a blacklist, ie porn, free email sites
Webmin or something similar for administration

Thanks