Re: [squid-users] unix local users squid log tracking

From: Juan A Seuc <jaseuc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:07:13 -0700

I tried to do my homework. I enabled in the squid.conf file:

acl redhat7 src 192.168.0.254/255.255.255.0
http_access allow redhat7
http_access deny all
authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/passwd
ident_lookup_access allow redhat7
ident_lookup_access deny all

But still I am not able to get a login/password prompt when they invoke the
browser, neither a login name in the access.log file. just the server IP
address.

I don't know what's missing in my config file.

Thanks for your help