[squid-users] [OT] PAC and specific rules for specifics users...

From: <ch045-2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:07:15 +0200

Hello.
I use a proxy (squid 2.4) in front of my LAN.
Between the squid dedicated server and the LAN, i run an antivirus server.
  Internet

  Proxy (Squid 2.4)

  VirusWall

  LAN
My users have problemes when downloading big files. This problem come with the
use of the antivirus server.
I use PAC (proxy autoconfig) on the clients to fix the parameteres of the
proxy.
So, i would to use specifics rules for particulary users. I would this user
send request directly to Squid and don't use the Viruswall.
I use rules on my config script for IP, domains, regex and this works fine.
I don't known how to write the rule for a specific user (and i don't know if
this is possible)...

I have read the docs:
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x1187.html#AEN1220
http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html