RE: [squid-users] [OT] PAC and specific rules for specifics users...

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:49:15 -0400

> I use PAC (proxy autoconfig) on the clients to fix
> the parameteres of the proxy. So, i would to use
> specifics rules for particulary users.

That's not possible a proxy auto-config script, because there is no
form of authentication at this level.

However, if the Virus Wall is Squid's parent, and Squid is able to
access the Internet directly, you might be able to use always_direct
with a proxy_auth acl to make certain users bypass the Virus Wall.

Adam