[squid-users] SQUID and MS Active Directory

From: Rothermel Wolfgang <Wolfgang.Rothermel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:24:08 +0200

Hi,

currently we're using SQUID 2.5 STABLE3 in conjunction with winbind for
authenticating our users when accessing internet sites.
SQUID is offering both NTLM and Basic authentication schemes and forwards
the request to our NT4 PDC.
IE users are authenticated transparently at the moment.

Approximately next year it is planned to migrate the MS NT 4 domain to a
native W2k AD structure.

Is it possible to
- use AD users and AD groups in SQUID ACLs
- authenticate the IE users transparently as the NTLM authenticator does it
currently.

I'd like to avoid the migration to a MS ISA server.

Regards

Wolfgang