[squid-users] Problem with URLs

From: GUILLEMOT Yann <yann.guillemot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:37:46 +0200

Hello,

I use squid 2.5 stable 3 with cache and i have some problem when i want to
obtain a web page as www.lactalis.fr.

When i use IE 5.5 sp2 i have a download pop up page with download
"/lactalis[1]".

I remark that i have not the problem with netscape 4.75 and IE 5.0 sp2.

I don't undestand because IE and Netscape receive the same packets TCP.
(Ethereal)

I suppose it's a problem with cache.

I purge completely my cache and i don't have any more problem.

Also i have the problem when i want to consult PDF File example
http://www.enterasys.com/products/switching/6C107/6C107.pdf...

Is it important to purge periodicallty cache ? (Crontab)

Sincerly.

Yann Guillemot
Lactalis Informatique - service réseau
tel : 02 43 59 51 50