[squid-users] How squid cache objects ?

From: Aqil <aq1l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:04:16 +0200 (CEST)

If my cache_dir line allocates space of 5000MB, and
when all those 5000MB are already used, How squid will
behave regarding new pages which are still not cached
? Will it replace the oldest objects, or will it pass
the request to the internet ?

I'm curious what is happening while I am visiting
mail.yahoo.com with squid as proxy server since it
takes more time to load the fields where I have to put
my email address and its password...
MS proxy behaves very differently and it loads that
page relatively faster than squid.

--
aqil