Re: [squid-users] Recommend cache_mem size

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:14:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, unixware wrote:

> i change the default cache_mem size 32 MB to 512 MB

Why?

> but still there no improvement in performace i want to take maxium
> output my hardware ??

cache_mem normally only makes marginal differences on performance in
normal proxies. It is more important to tune the disk I/O parts correctly.

only if you are running a reverse proxy for a web server where all the
mainly requested content can fit in your memory is cache_mem going to make
a significant difference.