Re: [squid-users] Recommend cache_mem size

From: unixware <datareactor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:26:12 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for yr reply

i am using cache_dir aufs 10 GB each on each SCSI hard
drive .
i sometime get "await" stats of "iostat -x -d 6
"command like

peak value 2174.00 ms ( on machine with single drive )

peak value 1300 ms ( on machine with multiple drives
)

( await
       The average time (in milliseconds) for I/O
       requests issued to the device to be served. )

that mean using multiple drive aslo improve
performance .

Regards

UW