Re: [squid-users] squid logs

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:22:16 -0500

> I noticed my squid logs were quite getting bigger.

Squid logs do grow over time.

> Do the logs rotate by default? Any logrotate program or analysis
> can you suggest?

Hopefully your OS comes with a nice, integrated solution - like logrotate on
RedHat Linux. But that's a question for a mailing list for your OS.

Squid also comes with a built-in capability - "squid -k rotate". The number of
old logs to keep is in squid.conf.

Note that even if you use another program to rotate Squid logs, you still
should run squid -k rotate periodically (because of swap.state, I believe) -
just set the number of old logs to keep to 0 in squid.conf.

Adam