[squid-users] Transparent Proxy Problem

From: Adeoye Oke <adeoye@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:00:52 +0100

Hello List,

I have a problem with a transparent squid cache, which I made using the
regular REDIRECT target for all http traffic to destination port 80. The
thing is, the cache works fine with the proxy port specified in the
browsers of all the windows machines (unfortunately only windows clients
on this network, but once the proxy is not specified (transparent mode)
all secure sites seem not to be accesible, though I have SNAT to the
internal network allowing forwarding to all internal machines on all
ports. I don't know what could be wrong, I did all the transparent proxy
Howto said but it still has this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Ade.