RE: [squid-users] Routing to multiple Parent proxies

From: Adeoye Oke <adeoye@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:43:42 +0100

>> 3. I need the replacement and changing of these proxies to be as
>> dynamic as possible

>Don't quite get what the requirement is here... care to give a few
>examples what you refer to by "as dynamic as possible".

What I meant by this was the ability to change the list of parents, if
possible dynamically, say by reading a new set of parents, from a file
or list specified somewhere, in the event that one or more of the
existing parents goes offline. This is also necessary if I need to
maintain the parent list, without having to always modify the squid.conf
file.

I also would like to know the full syntax of specifying an acl that the
contents should be read from a file, instead of listing each entry on
the line. This will aid me in specifying my always_direct websites.