Re: [squid-users] --> Is it possible ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:21:45 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Alex Carlos Braga Antão wrote:

> I'm triyng to setup SQUID to work with dansguardian here. But I have
> a little problem that my auth scheme must be NTLM, and DansGuardian does
> not support it. So, I am make the following scheme:
>
> cache_peer SQUID2 port 1 no-cache login=PASS

In this kind of setup you need to use the fake password method of
forwarding the login to dansguardian.

    login=*:secretpassword

then configure dansguardian with a password file having the
"secretpassword" as password for all users. This way the users
authenticate to Squid, and Squid then authenticates using the same login
name to dansguardian, but a different password.

Note: NTLM users will use the login names domainname/loginname, so you
need to remember to create faked accounts for both "loginname" and
"domainname/loginname" in your dansguardian password file.