[squid-users] --> Is it possible ???

From: Alex Carlos Braga Antão <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:01:45 -0300

Hello all,

    I'm triyng to setup SQUID to work with dansguardian here. But I have
a little problem that my auth scheme must be NTLM, and DansGuardian does
not support it. So, I am make the following scheme:

     Network-> SQUID1 (NTLM+BASIC) -> DansGuardian -> SQUID2 -> Internet

   The problem with it is that on DG I do not have who it is blocking,
because all requests are from Squid1. So I configured SQUID2 to make
BASIC Auth (Dans support), and my Ideia is to make SQUID1 PASS
authentication to DansGuardian, through the tag:

             cache_peer SQUID2 port 1 no-cache login=PASS

   Since I still have problem with winbind I'm trying to resolve, I'd
like to know if it is possible to configure them like this, so SQUID1
authenticates my clients, pass the authentication to Dans/SQUID2 that
logs everything with the correct user....

Thanks...