[squid-users] Having a freak problem

From: nikonlinux <nikonlinux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:38:47 -0200

Hi, everybody...

I´m heavi this freak problem...

I´ve setting up a Linux Box as Squid-cahe and gatway
for may network. The problem is:

 LAN: 129.12.7.0/24

 Gateway/Proxy: --> eth0: 129.12.7.1/24
               --> eth1: 129.12.7.2/24

 ADSL-Router: 129.12.7.254/24

(see: It´s all in the same class C)

I´m using this linux box as Gateway just to make sure
that my clientes will no change the gateway manualy and
start to have access to the internet.
In my linux-box, when I can ping my LAN I can´t ping my
ADSL-Router, or when I can ping bouth of them I can´t
ping or have access to www.I´d already config
my /etc/resolv.conf.

What´s going on? Do I really need to set ip a gateway
to set up a Squid-cahe?Don´t we have another way to do
this saftely?

I´m using:
   --> 2 NIC´s Realteck
   --> Red Hat Linux 7.1