Re: [squid-users] squid error pages squid 2.5.stable4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:26:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Andrew D wrote:

> I am using the external_acl on squid 2.5.stable4 linux 2.2.25
> I am trying to use the %m variable on the error pages which
> according to http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html means
> %m - Error message returned by external auth helper

external auth helper is NOT the same as external_acl helper. auth helpers
is defined by auth_param directive, external_acl helpers by
external_acl_type directive.

In Squid-3 there is a %something code for referring to messages returned
by external_acl helpers. I do not remember what this code is off-hand but
it is documented in the squid.conf.default comments.

In Squid-2.5 the message returned by external_acl helpers is not available
for use.