[squid-users] squid error pages squid 2.5.stable4

From: Andrew D <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:54:00 +1030

Hi there,

I am using the external_acl on squid 2.5.stable4 linux 2.2.25
I am trying to use the %m variable on the error pages which
according to http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html means
%m - Error message returned by external auth helper

The auth app returns 'ERR error=word\n' with word replaced with the error
reason and javascript on the error access page expanding the reason for the
user to see. Thats the theory anyway.
The auth app returns 'OK name=name\n' with name replaced with the users
uname.
Squid accepts the name option and uses the variable as the users authed name
in the logs.
However Squid always returns '[not available]' for %m for the error
messages.

I've tried error='word' error=word error=\'word\' error="word"
error=\"word\" err=word
etc and it doesn't work

I compiled squid with the following squid options
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-gnuregex --enable-dela
y-pools --enable-ssl --with-openssl --enable-err-languages="English" --disab
le-ident-lookups --enable-underscores

I am using a deny_info option for the error page.

any ideas or options I should be setting?
Any help appreciated :)

cya
Andrew