Re: [squid-users] --> Squid-Dans-Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:12:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Alex Carlos Braga Antão wrote:

> The First Squid Authenticates users by NTLM, and I'd like to pass the
> authentication to DansGuardian to log the access with the users.

Then you need to use login=*:secretpassword and configure DansGuardian to
use "secretpassword" as password for all your users.

This is because when using NTLM Squid does not know the users password,
and the NTLM authentication as such is not proxyable. But via the
login=*:secretpassword construct Squid can at least forward the login name
to the parent in a way understood by all HTTP proxies (including
DansGuardian)