Re: [squid-users] How to: eliminate Squid messages error to my clients

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:31:03 +0000

Never used them myself as yet, but if you scan through the squid.conf file
you'll notice that you can declare custom error messages for the errors that
squid can report back to the browser. I guess you could get Squid to
display a blank page for all errors which is kind of what you're after.

Personally, I'd be curious to know what you aim to acheive as it'll make
trouble-shooting very time consuming as you may be forced to look through
squid's log files to trace problems which may be easier solved from the
browser error message eg 'Unable to resolve domain' is a very useful message
for users to see, especially ones with bad typing skills whove typed the URL
incorrectly. If they see no error message then how do they know what has
gone wrong?

Regards,

nry