[squid-users] Transparent Cache (WCCP) without ip_wccp

From: Scott Baker <bakers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:40:34 -0800

I'm trying to get some transparent caching with WCCP setup through my Cisco
router and I want to do WCCP. Everything I've read seems to point at that
as being the best solution. For various reasons I'm having problems
getting ip_wccp to compile with the specialized kernel that I have. I'm
wondering if it's possible to get WCCP working without using that kernel
module.

I'm able to get the GRE tunnel up, and squid is configured but the router
doesn't see the squid box because it's not announcing itself via WCCP. Is
there another way to get the two to talk?

Scott Baker - Webster Internet
Network Engineer - RHCE
bakers@web-ster.com - 503.266.8253