[squid-users] NTLM Prompts with auth_regex

From: Isaias - Sinosnet <isaias@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Nov 2003 16:16:56 -0200

Hello guys!

Some of the workstations of my network were upgraded for new PCs. This
new PCs are coming with Windows XP Professional. When the user try to
browse the internet from XP Pro, I see in the Squid logs that the
reqeust sent from this user is not "MYWORKGROUP\Username" but is
"MACHINE_NAME\Username". So, I've re-implemented all the authentication
and ACLs with the "auth_regex -i" parameter, and I put the usernames
like "\\username$" in the ACLs. So, Squid is now authenticating
something like "ANYTHING\Username", "MACHINE_NAME\Username",
"MYWORKGROUP\Username",... Everything is working fine, except that since
I've done this all my worksations (various versions of IE and various
versions of Windows) are getting "random prompts" requesting
authentication, even if the site they are browsing is a site that is
allowed to all users by the Squid ACLs.

Any ideas? My Squid version is 2.5STABLE2.

Regards to all.