Re: [squid-users] --> Authenticator development

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:37:48 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Alex Carlos Braga Antão wrote:

> When can I find some docs about how to do an Authenticator ?

The authenticator interface is documented in the auth_param documentation
in squid.conf.default, and also referenced in the FAQ.

The exact details varies with the authentication scheme used (basic / NTLM
/ Digest), but I assume you are planning on writing a authenticator for
the basic authentication sheme:

from "auth_param basic program" documentation:

        Such a program reads a line containing "username password" and replies
        "OK" or "ERR" in an endless loop.

this is really all there is to it..