Re: [squid-users] Acess problem

From: Andy Dubey <adubey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:40:28 -0600

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> writes:
>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Andy Dubey wrote:
>
>> I am very new at Linux and trying hard to learn how to setup a squid server but, when I try to use the proxy server to get a
>> webpage I get this. What part of the configuration file do I need to change.
>
>> ERROR
>> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>> Access Denied.
>

>You need to configure access controls. This process is outlined in the
>QUICKSTART document.
>
>Regards
>Henrik
I went though the quickstart guide and It still is giving me that error. So I am clueless to what I am doing wrong with the
configuration file. Do you have the commands with out the comments of the commands that need to be set from the Quick start,
because when I entered some of the quick start commands then I had errors on start up.

Andy Dubey
Computer Tech
Neenah High School
Adubey@neenah.k12.wi.us