Re: [squid-users] WCCP v2 support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:53:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Steve Fischer wrote:

> I also see a patch for the squid code, indicating it is for squid-2.5-PRE7.
> I am running squid-2.5-STABLE4. Is this patch still required on the more
> recent version I am running?

The patch is still required.

> Also, the squid.conf file refers to WCCP version 3 and version 4. Do these
> versions correspond to Cisco versions 1 and 2 respectively?

The wccpv2 patch to Squid adds new directives. You need to look at the
squid.conf.default documentation after installing a Squid patched with the
WCCPv2 support patch. You won't find any information there relating to
WCCPv2 unless your Squid is patched with WCCPv2 support.