Re: [squid-users] async i/o

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:04:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 jeff.richards@centrelink.gov.au wrote:

> So there is no definitive "yes, it's stable in version X"?

It has been considered stable by the devopers since Squid-2.2 something.

There is at this time no known bugs in the aufs implementation of
Squid-2.5.STABLE4, and very many uses aufs in very high load situations
with great success.

Due to the nature of history accumulating over time there is known bugs in
all earlier Squid releases, both in aufs and other aspects of Squid.

It is also true that there has been reports about problems with aufs
and/or conntrack in RedHat Linux indicating a memory leak somewhere in the
kernel, but I can verify that I have not seen any such problems using
standard Linux kernels. The only common dominator I have seen in these bug
reports is that they use RedHat linux kernels, transparent proxying and
aufs.

What can be noted is that aufs has not been very much tested on Linux
versions using NPTL threading library (RedHat 9 or Linux-2.6).