[squid-users] Re: squid architecture?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:07:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Kusuma Samorthong wrote:

> My name is Ae. Now I'm studying at King Mongkut's Institute of Technology
> Ladkrabang in Thailand. I'm making project about squid. I want to know
> detail about squid following.
> 1. squid process? for example, flowchart. What is each process have
> function?

There does not exists very much information in this area, but some
information can be found from the (incomplete) Squid Programmers Guide
document.

> 2. Which process filtering URL is in? and What is this function (function
> name)? and What is this function is in (file name)?

What URL filtering?

Squid has two means of implementing URL filtering:

a) Access controls via the http_access directive.

b) Via the help of a redirector helper which reads the requested URLs from
Squid and decides on if the URLs should be forwarded as-is, or modified
(possibly to point to a "access blocked" page).