[squid-users] running squid

From: <ggrov7@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:30:03 +1000

I have installed squid 3 and was wondering if anyone knew how to make squid and squidclient run from anywhere in a terminal window. Currently to run squid or any of the program executables I first have to go into the directory the executable is contain in (e.g. 'cd /usr/local/squid/sbin') and then run the executable with './' infront of it (e.g. './squid'), another way I can do it is to type 'exec /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid'. But I want to simply type 'squid' no matter what directory I am in. I tried 'chmod a+x squid' but it did not help.