Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:36:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 squid@bantadigital.com wrote:

> OK I have Authentication working with the following line.
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth -u cn -b
> ou=techteam,ou=bdmn-master,dc=bdmn,dc=foo,dc=com 10.61.1.248
>
> I found my account lives in an OU called techteam, my other issue is I
> have other OU's at the same level as the ou of techteam.

Then you need to use the search mode of the helper (the -f argument), and
specify the common ancestor of all your user containers as base DN.

> How can I set my base to dc=bdmn,dc=foo,dc=com and then search below that
> for my DN? Also is it possible to have squid authenticate the short or
> login name rather than the user name. ie jdoe instead of Jane Doe?

Yes, by using the -f argument.

Again, see the squid_ldap_auth documentation for several examples.

Constructing the -f argument is a simple task once you know the LDAP
attribute in the user object containing the login name you are looking
for. The squid_ldap_auth manual contains examples using the attribute I
found when testing these helpers to AD some years ago, and from what I
recall this is still working.