Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:23:03 -0600 (CST)

OK I have Authentication working with the following line.

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth -u cn -b
ou=techteam,ou=bdmn-master,dc=bdmn,dc=foo,dc=com 10.61.1.248

I found my account lives in an OU called techteam, my other issue is I
have other OU's at the same level as the ou of techteam.

How can I set my base to dc=bdmn,dc=foo,dc=com and then search below that
for my DN? Also is it possible to have squid authenticate the short or
login name rather than the user name. ie jdoe instead of Jane Doe?

I have some LDAP books on order, maybe this will make more sence to be
after I read them.

Thanks Henrik, You have been much help

Gary