[squid-users] NTLM Problem with Squid2.5 Stable 4

From: macross292 <macross292@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:12:04 +1100

We are currently running Squid 2.5 Stable 4 on Windows 2000, and have a problem with NTLM authentication.

During busy times the squid service stops authenticating people and we need to restart the service to get it working again. This has been automated so that a script connects with a local user and attempts to fetch a page every minute and restarts the service if this request fails.... This has shown that the restart is occurring approx every hour during business hours and then doesn't restart till the next morning.

The relevant parts of the squid.conf are below.

auth_param ntlm program d:/squid/libexec/ntlm_win32_auth.exe -a \"Trial Web Users\"
auth_param ntlm children 15
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

Any ideas on how to help get better information on debugging this problem are welcome.

Regards,
John.