RE: [squid-users] HTTPS Reverse proxy with HTML contents rewrite

From: Souchon Yann <yann.souchon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:06:31 +0100

> From: "Souchon Yann" <yann.souchon@elca.ch>
> > I would like to know if Squid (stable or devel) can help me for this
> > architecture :
> >
> > CLIENTS <-1-> PROXY SQUID <-2-> WEB SERVER
> >
> > Protocol on 1 : HTTPS
> > Protocol on 2 : HTTP
>
> Is there only 1 WebServer ?

Yes, I have only 1 WEB SERVER.

> Do the clients use PROXY SQUID also for other connections?

No, the PROXY SQUID is used only for access to the internal WEBSERVER from
internet.

> If the clients connect to the internet ... how does this happen?

The CLIENTS browse a public URL, e.g. https://external-server.domain.com

The PROXY SQUID should be rewrite all HTML contents from
http://internal-server.domain.com to https://external-server.domain.com.

Regards,

Yann