Re: [squid-users] Squid redirectors (squirm)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:09:43 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Blomberg David wrote:

> Squid Users, (Squirm users)
>
> I have been looking into Squirm and was wondering if anyone can confirm
> using it to rewrite
>
> regexi ^http://webmin\.domain\.com https://webmin\.domain\.com
>
> the proxy server is set up to transparently route for https traffic so
> will this work or am I out of luck as the Squid server is already
> involved?

I do not quite get what you are after.

The above will cause a SSL enabled Squid (Squid-3 or Squid-2.5+ssl_update)
to forward the request using https if receiving a plain http request from
the client.

The only reason to do so is if your client does not have SSL support and
does not know how to use a http->https proxy gateway.

What is it you actually want to do?