Re: [squid-users] Squid redirectors (squirm)

From: Blomberg David <dblomber@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:28:59 +0900

>>The above will cause a SSL enabled Squid (Squid-3 or
>>Squid-2.5+ssl_update)
>>to forward the request using https if receiving a plain http request
>>from the client.

I have a bunch of users (actually across a few domains) who are
requesting http://webmail.domain.com as I have no control over that
server and it answers the request happily I need to push them in the
right direction to use https://webmail.domain.com instead.

The squid server is in production but https request are filtered and
sent trough the servers forwarding rather than using Squid So my
question is will the redirect work or will Squid send the request to
https and fail as it is not handling https (ssl)? if no one is sure I
will build a test system and try it out but I was wondering if anyone
knew this type case.

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+